This book was conceptualized with an intention to cultivate the rich imagination of children. As Neil Gaiman said, “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. I mean everybody. All of the people in the whole world, I mean everybody — no matter how dull and boring they are on the outside. Inside them they’ve all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds… Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe.”
On a Full Moon was written by Danilo-Ramon and Claire Guillano, illustrated by Danilo-Ramon Guillano and edited by Kyjean Tomboc and Shane Ashley Mitchell.
Who this book is for
Any kid can read the book, but it’s more appropriate for children ages 6 and above. Adults will find the questions amusing as well.
How to use this book
A. For kids below 7 years old
- Read the story with them.
- Go over the book pages and enjoy the colorful illustrations.
- Use the images for monster identification. Recommended for preschool teachers!
- If the kids find it difficult to answer the questions, you can encourage them to express what else the prodding child can ask the monsters.
- Use On a Full Moon coloring pages. See details on how to download them below.
B. For kids ages 7 and above
- The kids can read the book on their own or with their friends.
- Use it during a brainstorming session on creative monster ideas. Plenty of answers can be formulated for just one question. Remember that imagination plus silliness results to creative thinking and fun.
Where to read the story
C. Get On a Full Moon Package. This package includes the following:
1. Story in PDF file
2. Coloring pages (300 DPI)
3. Colored and outline monster clip art (PNG, 300 DPI, transparent background) and monster flashcards (JPG, 150 DPI)
|Buy On a Full Moon E-book
|Buy On a Full Moon Package
Or purchase it on TeachersPayTeachers.com.