It has been a while and we are still here! And we also would like to let you know that we are still committed to this website and although we do have not updated this site for awhile, we keep thinking about it and how we can update and improve it.
We created this online resource in 2011 to help foster learning and promote fun in the classroom. As The Learning Site turns 8 this year, we are not happy that there has been no new content on this website for a long time. Our priorities, have compelled us to focus on our regular jobs. But despite the lack of new materials on our website, we still get an average of 1,500 monthly page views, with the flashcards section getting more clicks from our visitors. This made us realize that some teachers do find value in what we do. It also made us think of updating the website — this time hopefully with your help, this will become our regular jobs!
We would like to carry on creating more content and we would like to ask you to help us out. We have started a crowdfunding campaign using Patreon. With Patreon, we have provided three ways that you can help us and two of those will come with supporter benefits. Click here to go to our Patreon Page.
We think that these Three Supporter Tiers are enough to start with:
Tier 1: Supporter
* You will have access to all our JPG flash cards — both existing and those that will be sponsored by the Patreon community — on our website. Flash cards come with a watermark.
* You will also be able to help teachers from all over the world prepare instructional materials for their classes.
Tier 2: Voter
* Includes Supporter package
* You will be able to vote which flashcards we will prioritize in the following month. You can leave a comment if you have other suggestions.
Tier 3: User
* Includes Suggester package
* You will have access to all PNG files of all flashcards sponsored by the Patreon community. With a transparent background, it will be much easier to use them in your worksheets, posters, flyers, etc.
We also have created stretch goals. We think that these goals are reasonable and will help us in getting new content published.
Currently we are set to publish 1 set of 10 simple flashcards every three months starting July 2019 until our first goal is met. Our first goal is to create 1 set of 10 simple flashcards when crowdfunding reaches 300USD monthly.
To learn more about the next stretch goals, visit our Patreon Page.
We are excited to be able to work with you and create a long future of content for Teachers and Educators to use for years to come. Thank you for using our website and we hope to see you at our Patreon Page.
Dan and Claire